OFAC REGULATIONS AND OTHER APPLICABLE SANCATION REGULATIONS
We, at Flipkart, are committed to complying with all applicable economic sanction programs promulgated by India and by the U.S Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). Flipkart routinely reviews the countries, regions, persons, and entities that supply goods, services or technology to Flipkart Group.
||19th September 2022
||Flipkart Trust and Safety Team
||Flipkart Legal, Walmart Legal, Flipkart Group Compliance
||Prohibited Items Policy
In this policy document:
- Flipkart Private Ltd (Singapore) and subsidiary companies are collectively referred to as “Flipkart Group”.
- The Flipkart Group (referred to as ‘We’,’Our’,’Company’) includes Flipkart Internet Private Limited, Flipkart India Private Limited, Instakart Services Private Limited, Phone Pe Private Limited, Myntra Designs Private Limited, Myntra Jabong India Private Limited, Jade E-Services Private Limited, Flipkart Health Limited, Novartis Fashion Trading Private Limited.
The Company’s policy helps ensure that the inflow of goods, services, or technology to Flipkart does not involve any of the ‘Prohibited’ or ‘Restricted’ countries, regions, entities, or individuals.
A few of the example prohibition clauses are entities (countries, people) that:
- engage in terrorist financing
- have a poor record on human rights
- stifle democracy
- support narcotics trafficking
The guidance mentioned above specifically prohibits transactions with:
- Prohibited Countries or Regions: We do not list products from these countries except for these verticals - Books, Posters, Stickers, and Paintings, as these are considered as informational references. Refer section “Prohibited Countries or Regions” for information.
- Restricted Countries or Regions: You need the written consent of the Flipkart Group’s compliance office to conduct business in any form with these countries, regions or entities whatsoever. Refer section “Restricted Countries or Regions” for information.
- Prohibited Persons: You must not conduct any transaction with specific persons who have been debarred from working with us. Refer to the section “ Prohibited Persons” for information.
Our policy is drafted upon guidance taken from the Government of India and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the US Department of the Treasury. Flipkart Group insists on compliance of the same by all its suppliers, service providers, and sellers.
If you identify a transaction or potential transaction, directly or indirectly, involving Flipkart Group, that may involve a Prohibited Country or Region; a Restricted Country or Region; or a Prohibited Person, you must immediately notify [email protected]
Flipkart assures the confidentiality of this information.
IMPACT OF POLICY VIOLATION
As a Flipkart Seller and our Business Partner, we trust you to help us maintain the highest-selling standards in our marketplace. This directly translates to complying with
ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE PLATFORM INDICATES YOUR AGREEMENT WITH ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER THE ToU. PLEASE READ THE ToU CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING. By implicitly or expressly accepting the ToU, you also accept and agree to be bound by all of ANS’s policies applicable to you, as amended, from time to time.
following the extant laws of the land and Flipkart Group’s policies listed in
Flipkart reserves the right to remove the listing of any product that in its own discretion might be in violation of Law, this Policy, or any other Flipkart policy. In addition, Flipkart may take a range of corrective actions as part of its Seller Action Framework for non-compliance, including but not limited to:
- Listing cancellation
- Account suspension
For more information on Seller Action Framework, click:
PROHIBITED COUNTRIES OR REGIONS
You must not supply to Flipkart Group any goods, services, or technology from the Prohibited Countries/Regions. In connection with supplying for Flipkart Group, you must not directly or indirectly transact in any way with:
- Government of a Prohibited Country or Region.
- Any person located in a Prohibited Country or Region.
List of prohibited countries
- North Korea
- Ukraine [ Limited to the Crimean Peninsula, Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR), and Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR) regions ]
RESTRICTED COUNTRIES OR REGIONS
You must not, directly or indirectly in connection with supplying Flipkart Group, transact in any way with the countries listed below (a Restricted Country or Region) unless the transaction is first screened and approved by Flipkart Groups' compliance team:
||Democratic Republic of
|Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Central African Republic
* The Government of Venezuela includes public universities, central or state-owned banks, state-owned enterprises, and state-owned stores.
You are requested to cooperate with any requests made by the Flipkart group for its compliance audits.
You must not directly or indirectly in connection with supplying Flipkart Group, transact in any way with any individual or entity identified on any of the following lists (a prohibited person):
- The US OFAC Specially Designated Nationals List
- The US OFAC and UN Consolidated List
- Any other List(s) from time to time, deemed appropriate for screening by Flipkart Group’s Compliance team.
CHANGES TO THE OFAC POLICY
The Company reserves the right to change this policy at any time. You should periodically check the Flipkart Seller Learning Center
for updates to all Flipkart Seller Policies.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]
Last Updated: This Policy was last updated in September 2022